Sunday, December 13, 2009

Romans 8:35-39 (New Living Translation)

35 "Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?36 (As the Scriptures say, "For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep."*)37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,* neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."




So I sort of suck at this blogging, not that anyone reads it anyway but I have not written in forever. But as I sat here in the glow of my Christmas tree I got the sudden urge to write a little from the heart. A few things have happened since my last blog, we now have not one but two fur babies. Call us crazy but we got a four month old puppy. His name is Jackson, and he came to us escaping death in Kentucky. Hes a great little guy, spunky and bouncy, yet always looking to cuddle. He hasn't let the horror of his first four months get him down. Still trusting and loving despite what he's been through. and that is something I admire in him. For he could have decided that all people were bad and became and angry dog or he could have chosen that all people are scary and become a scared timid dog, but instead he decided to take a chance and love us. I hope that I can be this kind of person in life. When somebody hurts me or bad things happen I hope I can let it go. I don't want to live in hurt or become bitter because of my circumstances. As the verse says these things that happen does not mean God does not love us. Because he will always prevail. I had a time with this a few weeks ago. Something happened that made me livid mad. Our new car got stolen right out of our driveway. It wasn't a brand new car but new to us, boughten from Kyle's grandparents, and also Kyle's imac computer was in the trunk. I was shouting and hollering and I just felt so hurt that somebody would do that. that they would take what wasn't theres and what they didn't work for. But as I sat there being mad I watched Kyle who's music, pictures, videos, everything had been taken and hes just as calm as a sloth. He never once has complained. he just takes things and lets them be. and I think God showed me through this experience that things are just things and to just let the situation be, to move on and to continue to trust there is good in people. And so the next day albeit still a bit mad, I told God I forgave whomever stole those and to please show them the error of their ways so they may someday ask for forgiveness from their father. Ha! And the next day I found the car. Or I should say God gave me back the car. No computer but we will work something out. Or I should say God will work something out. he sure has shown that the past year, but that would be a whole nother long post.


No comments:

Post a Comment