Friday, December 18, 2009

I've got Plenty to be Thankfull for....

"To look back and think that,
This baby would one day save me,
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might live
To look back and think that,
This baby would one day save me

And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die

So I could one day pray for You to save my life"
Relient K- I celebrate the day


I can't believe Christmas is in only a week! It came up so fast this year. I am suppose to have dinner for K's side at my house but then there is that issue of spending time with my own family on Christmas and you don't want to upset anyone and I think to myself when did this become so confusing, when did Christmas become a chore rather than what the holiday is truly there to celebrate. Things were so simple when I was little, the parents planned and took care of everything and all you had to worry about was what kinds of things that wrapping paper was hiding! I know I did, I was the kid who could barely wait till church was done so we could head out to have dinner because than after dinner with my dads family it meant PRESENT time! And then of all things I had to try and go to sleep that night while anxiously awaiting more presents in the morning. Four o' clock rolled around and I was out of bed digging in my stocking. But this year more than ever I am realizing what Christmas is really about. It's about a birthday. The birthday of our king and savior. It's about celebrating an amazing God and the life he brought into this world to save us all. That is Jesus Christ. Celebrating Jesus Christ. And so this year I could care less about the presents that I get or the food that I eat or the lights on my house but instead just celebrate a person, the person who saved humanity whom was God. And I think about all hes done for me and I am amazed. So I just wanted to write this because I know the holidays are stressful and I was feeling the best of that today but we must remember what to really celebrate and think about what God has done in our lives the past year. Here are just a few awesome things for me (and Kyle) this year which God has done and blew me out of the water:

-Purchased a home and moved out of the apartment which depressed me
-Payed down debts
-Blessed with Nevin Arthur
-First Year wedding anniversary
-Constantly provided money whenever it appeared there was going to be none- This has been amazing this year, even just today I was a little worried about money for some last minute gifts and stuff and viola a check appeared in the mail for 150 that was part of our damage deposit that our landlord had originally decided to keep.
-Blessed with Jackson George
-Provided car at a reasonable price
-Both have jobs
-Healed some relationships of loved ones
And many more.
And thats what I want to think about this Christmas, how amazing Christ's love is for us and that he did send a baby onto earth to save us all...

No comments:

Post a Comment